Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Face On Your Plate, pg.103-136

This chapter is called "The Fishy Business Of Aquaculture." He starts by saying most vegans and vegeratians give up last. Then, he goes on to explain why. He says most people don't find cute. Most people think fish can't feel pain, but they can. Some say they have short memories, but they don't. It lasts atleast three months. Scientists believe that fish are smarter than some mammals. Lots of fish species are already extinct and more will be due to overfishing. Fish farms are also bad because the fish are forced to swim in their own poop and harmful chemicals. These chemical get into our food supply and can kill people. Also, one-fourth of the fish fished are fish that accidently got stuck in nets. They are usually killed and dumped back in the ocean. These fish are treated like crap. The only way to stop this is to stop eating fish.

I like this chapter. I am still not vegan, although I don't eat fish anyways. Even before I read this book, the only meat eat is chicken. This chapter made me happy because I feel good for not adding to awful thing happening to fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment