Monday, February 14, 2011

The Face On Your Plate, pg.137-166

This chapter is called "Denial." He says that children don't associate meat with animals. They don't realize that tongue is cow tongue. People don't associate animals with meat. People don't like to know where their food came from. Psychologicists says that some denial is healthy. For example, some people dwell on the fearful future to much. They have to deny what can happen, but denying the death of animals is wrong. It's like denying the holocast. Some people say that people are suffering too, but animals have nothing to so with that.

I think this is a good chapter. I am facing denial. I really want to be a vegan, but it's hard. This chapter really helped me understand myself and my denial. I am enjoying this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment