Thursday, March 24, 2011

Outliers, pg. 177-223

This chapter is called "The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes." It starts with a story about a Korean captain. He's getting ready. He was flying to Guam. On the way there, he crashed. He couldn't the runaway. Korean Air became known for crashing planes; however in recent years, they have turned themselves around. Most crashes happen due to a lot of small mistakes not major ones. It's normally due to new captains, engine failures, running out of fuel, and overworked pilots. The book gave several stories where these were the causes.

This chapter was freaking scary! I was had to stop reading at one point because I felt like I was having an anxiety attack. I have never been afraid, but now it will always be in the back of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment